Thursday, May 31, 2007

Google Coverage: Overkill Reached 6 Months Ago

First things first. I have no position and never have in Google (like most tech). I could care less what the stock does. Again, great company and great products and I use them everyday.

Now, am I the only one who could go the next 6 months without reading another Google article or post? Holy Christ, I am seeing 20 a day on the same topic. This stuff is not even original content, just the same news rehashed over and over and over... Enough is enough kids. There is such a thing as overkill and the Google (Goog) coverage hit that 6 months ago. Google taking search share stopped being news in 2006, I do not need to see it 15 times when they announce it EACH MONTH.

I am waiting for twenty posts tomorrow about what CEO Schmidt ate for breakfast and what color it turned his stool, where I can find the video on Youtube and how this is just another brilliant marketing ploy. Once again, Google originality on display

We all know what is going on. The stock has been stagnant for 8 months now while the DOW and the S&P have raced to record highs almost daily. You can't understand why and feel the need to remind everyone how great the company is, DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY. Here is the problem, we all already know that. That is not the reason the stock is stagnant.

The law of large numbers is. As % growth declines as a company grows increasing larger (this is an undeniable trend), the multiple investors will pay for shares also decreases. That is what is happening to Google. That is it.

It is not that folks do not "understand" it or "hate" it. People are now at the "show me" stage of Google growth, not the "don't worry, it will happen" stage. If Google performs, so will the stock, if not, it won't. Period. No conspiracy, no short sellers, no confusion by the unwashed masses.

I need to go, there are 43 articles on "Google Gears" clogging my inbox. I need to get rid of them before Schmidt eats lunch and that coverage starts
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online