Sunday, June 24, 2007

Portfolio Tracking Changes

I am changing how the portfolio is tracked. It will not effect the performance and will make accessing it easier.

If you follow this link you can see it here. Bookmark it to your browser and it updates I believe at the end of each day. It also allow comparisons to all types of benchmarks. All in all, I think it is much better.

The website assumes all dividends are reinvested, which is something I do anyway, but do not have the excel abilities to track on my current spreadsheet. The way I currently do it is to take the cash and I reflect that as a decrease in the purchase price. While accurate, it painfully understates the effect on results when dividends are reinvested. Icarra does not, track the options I sell but the dividends I receive and their reinvestment outweigh that consideration. They are attempting to add that capability soon and if and when they do, I will update it to reflect that.

There is supposedly a way to integrate the chart into the blog. When I figure it out, I will do it.

Current holdings are (in order of size, LARGEST FIRST):

Goldman Sachs (GS)
Sears Holdings (SHLD)
Altria (MO)
Sherwin Williams (SHW)
Wal-Mart (WMT)
Citigroup (C)
US Oil Trust (USO)
Dow Chemical (DOW)
Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
Owens Corning (OC)
Leap Frog (LF)


Now, If Sears Holdings (SHLD) gets much cheaper, I may just have to pick up more shares this week which would make it the largest holding. We'll see.




 

blogger templates | Make Money Online