Saturday, July 7, 2007

Sprint Admits They Are "Unable Meet Your Current Wireless Needs"

I have posted in the past about the customer service at Sprint Nextel (S) since the merger. Here is another shining example of what has turned from incompetence to what can only be described as self flagulation? If I was a shareholder, I would be seething. Since I am not, I am still laughing.


The site Blackberry Cool has posted a letter from Sprint "cutting the cord" with a customer and this apparently is something Sprint is doing more regularly. Here is the line that made me laugh out loud "the number of inquiries you have made to us during this time has led us to determine we are unable to meet your current wireless needs."

Like what? Connecting their calls and billing them properly?

Just in case I was not laughing hard enough they then informed the customer that they would generously "not require you to pay an early termination fee". Honestly, you cannot make this up!!

To put the icing on the cake, they then told the customer if they had any questions they should..... you guessed it..... "call the customer care department". Isn't that why they jettisoned them in the first place? AT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ) must be smiling watching this implosion.

This is a stunning admission from a company bleeding customers on a quarterly basis. I think they have the whole "customer service" thing backwards, it is not us who is supposed to serve them...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online