I have an interesting question about the group.
1. www.walmart.com (WMT)= 7.94%
2. www.target.com (TGT)= 5.06%
3. www.bestbuy.com (BBY)= 3.96%
4. www.sears.com / www.kmart.com (SHLD)= 3.72%
5. www.circuitcity.com (CC)= 3.07%
6. www.jcpenney.com (JCP)= 2.03%
7. www.toysrus.com (private)= 1.97%
8. www.macys.com (M) = 1.43%
9. www.kohls.com (KSS)= 1.3%
Data from Hitwise
The question? How in all that is holy can Circuit City be losing money? They have been in the top 5 all season and are currently the only one of the group losing cash. Pathetic comes to mind...
Wal-Mart has commanded essentially a 3% lead over #2 Target all fall. Now, with Target announcing a recent December sales disappointment, this 3% may be the difference for Wal-Mart being successful this holiday season. When you add Wal-Mart advertising of its very popular "site-to-st0re" program and Target's lack thereof, a hard lesson may have been l;earned by Target execs this season.
What will be interesting is to see results from Sears Holdings which has a similar program but did not advertise it as hard..
Donate to the ValuePlays Project for KIVA